Melted chocolate and strawberries are the ultimate indulgence, and the perfect pairing for seriously scrumptious pancakes. These melt in your mouth pancakes are perfect for a luxurious Pancake Day treat or a romantic Valentines Day breakfast in bed.
With just six ingredients, most of which you’ll already have in your cupboards , follow our simple recipe for these delicious pancakes.
- 2 large, or 3 medium eggs
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 300ml milk
- 1 box of strawberries, sliced length ways
- 400g of milk chocolate
Preparing the pancake mix
1. Add the flour, eggs and some of the milk into a mixing bowl and whisk. Add the rest of the milk gradually and continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter. Leave to stand for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Melting the chocolate
2. Break the chocolate into small chunks and add to a heatproof bowl.
3. Add boiling water into a saucepan, making sure it covers the base of the saucepan. The water should not touch the bottom of the heatproof bowl when placed on top, so don’t add too much. Heat until simmering.
4. Place the heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan to create a bain marie. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Remove from heat but leave the bowl on top of the saucepan to allow the chocolate to stay warm and melted.
Time to flip
6. Wipe oiled kitchen paper around a frying pan and place pan over a medium heat.
7. Pour some of your pancake mix into the middle of the pan once heated and swirl around the pan for complete coverage.
8. Cook on each side until golden. If you’re making a number of pancakes, pop them in a low oven to keep warm until serving.
Have fun with the filling
9. Add a generous dollop of melted chocolate onto the pancake and spread across one half.
10. Scatter strawberry slices over the chocolate.
11. Fold and eat whilst the chocolate is still warm and melted
And for more savoury indulgence…