It’s fajita time!
Deliciously healthy and perfect for a family feast or dinner party, follow our super simple fajita recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 600g Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Flakes
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 250g Mushrooms
- 8 Wholemeal Tortillas
- Cheese (optional)
- Grab your chopping board and begin cutting up your chicken breast into small strips, this will help it cook faster and allow you to distribute portions more evenly.
- Once you have cut your chicken strips up throw them into a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin and 1/2 a teaspoon of chili flakes. Mix all your ingredients together until the chicken strips have been thoroughly coated.
- Set your chicken strips aside and wash your chopping board thoroughly.
- Pre-heat your pan with a splash of olive oil on a medium heat.
- Chop your onions finely.
- Baton your bell peppers.
- Add your onions and peppers to your pan and cook through for 5 minutes until they begin to lightly brown.
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and cook at a medium heat inside the oven for 7 minutes.
- Add your chicken to the pan and cook and continue to stir until the chicken browns.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve the mix into a large bowl.
- Plate the tortillas and serve with condiments of your choice.
- Add cheese (optional).
- Tuck in and enjoy.
If you’re a foodie check out our Kitchen Inspirations designed specifically to encourage creativity and experimentation.