With only 3 ingredients, this traditional tasty treat is a quick-win crowd pleaser
After months of sunshine, autumn is upon us and whilst we’re not quite ready to give up our lighter evenings, we’re certainly ready to cosy up in front of the TV to indulge in the nation’s favourite baking show. And that’s not the only thing we’re indulging in. With “Biscuit week” as week one, what better excuse to brush up our baking skills with one of our favourite traditional treats.
Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 15-25 dependent on cutting size
What you’ll need:
- 120g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 160g plain flour, sieved
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Beat the sugar and butter together in a mixing bowl. Once smooth, gently fold the flour in until smooth
3. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface until around 1cm thick
4. Cut into desired shapes – triangles and rectangles are more traditional but you could opt for stars, circles or even make your own!
5. Add to a greased baking tray, sprinkle with caster sugar then bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye out for when the biscuits turn a golden brown colour – that’s when they are baked to perfection
6. Leave to cool
Mix in style
With iconic 50’s styling, the Smeg Small Domestic Appliance range brings retro style and flawless function to kitchens. The Smeg Stand Mixers are ideal for baking cakes, pasta or bread, amongst other culinary delights. With a powerful direct drive motor for quiet and powerful operation, anti-slip feet for stability and 10 settings to choose from, this is the perfect addition to any foodie’s kitchen.