This Valentine’s Day, transform your kitchen into a zone of tasty creativity with your loved one, with these Valentines cupcakes. Enjoying Valentine’s Day together in the comfort of your own home makes for a more relaxed and intimate experience, and following a simple recipe allows you to spend more time on what really matters. Bake these tasty treats for your valentine then show them you know them by providing their favourite toppings for you both to decorate the cupcakes with.
Follow our simple recipe for your Valentine’s cupcake then get inspired with our toppings suggestions.
What you will need
100g softened butter 100g caster sugar 2 large eggs 100g self-raising flour ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6
- 2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light fluffy
- 3. Continue to gently beat whilst adding the eggs one at a time
- 4. Add the vanilla extract into the mixture
- 5. Fold in the flour whilst continuing to beat
- 6. Evenly distribute the mixture into 12 cupcake cases
- 7. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
- 8. Allow to cool then decorate. See our valentine’s cupcake suggestions below for inspiration.
Tantalising topping suggestions
Broken up biscuits
Dried or fresh fruit
Mix in style
Ideal for mixing for sweet treats to be baked or savoury delights to be cooked, Smeg Stand Mixers deliver flawless functionality whilst boasting iconic style. The powerful direct drive motor ensures a quiet operation, whilst anti-slip feet guarantee stability. With 10 settings to select from, this is a must-have appliance for any foodie.
And for the main…
For another Valentines recipe that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home, look no further than our cheese fondue how-to. This intimate feast for two can be enjoyed any day of the year but makes for a great Valentine’s Day experience.